How to Block a Number on Android Devices: Sometime you just want to get rid of an irritating caller. Thankfully those days are over when you have to pick up the call n matter what. However, in modern Android smartphones, we can block a number if we want to. And if that caller calls again, your smartphone will reject the call automatically. Let us learn more about this feature.
A few years ago, when our phones were not smart enough we used to get random and un-necessary calls all the time. Most of the time these calls were made by telemarketers or random spammers. However, nowadays there are different methods to block these kinds of callers on our latest Android smartphones. Today we are going to discuss these methods on how to block a number of Android devices easily and quickly. So without wasting any time, let us get started.
How to Block a Number on Android Phones?
The exact steps to block a number on android phone is different for every model. So in general, the method depends on company as well as the model and android version. So today we are listing out the methods to the most common android smartphones. You can check out the same methods to block numbers on your android smartphone.
How to Block a Number on Google Pixel Phones?
There are actually two different methods by which you can block a number on Google Pixel phones. It is quite easy, just follow the steps given below.
Via the Messaging App
- Open the stock messaging app on your Google Pixel.
- Press and hold the number for few seconds.
- Hold it until a menu/ icon appears on your screen.
- Once it appears, choose on block and press OK.
Via the Google Phone App
- Open the stock Phone app on your Google Pixel.
- Find the “More” icon near the microphone icon and click on it.
- Now go to settings > class blocking.
- Add the numbers which you wish to block. You can also choose contacts.
- Tap the back button when you are finished. Done!
How to Block a Number on Samsung Phones?
As you know, Samsung smartphones come with TouchWiz UI instead of the stock android. So the process of blocking a number in Samsung phone is a little bit different than stock android. However it is quite easy so don’t worry, just follow the steps, and you will be good to go.
- Open the stock phone app on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Click on the three dot icon present at the upper right corner of your screen.
- After that tap settings.
- Now select the “blocked numbers” from there choose the numbers which you wish to block.
- It is done! That was simple, wasn’t it?
How to Block a Number on HTC Phones?
HTC smartphone also runs on a custom skin made by HTC. So the process of blocking a caller is again different from that of Samsung or Google. But in HTC you can block a number directly thanks to its inbuilt function. Let’s learn how to block numbers on HTC device.
- Open the stock “Phone” app on your HTC smartphone.
- Swipe right to access recent calls panel.
- Tap on the contact number which you wish to block.
- Hold the option until you see an option to block the caller.
- Once the option is visible, simply hit it and you’re done!
How to Block a Number on LG Phones?
It is quite simple to block a caller in LG smartphones too as well. Here are the steps which you need to go through.
- Ope the stock Phone app on your LG smartphone.
- Swipe up to get to recent calls panel.
- Press and hold the number which you wish to block.
- Clik on the three dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the number and press block.
How to Block a Number on Other Phones?
If you’re using a smartphone which is not on this list, then don’t worry. Down here we are giving some generic steps which will work with almost every smartphone.
- Open the phone app on your device.
- Click on the three dot icon present on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to setting > call rejection > Auto reject List > create.
- Add the numbers which you wish to block to this list.
- Voila! You create a block list of numbers. Now whenever they call, their call be automatically rejected by the phone.
Successfully Working Devices List
- samsung:- duos, J7, J5, J1, Galaxy core 2, J2, J7 prime
- Moto:- G3, E, Gturbo, Turbo, G 4play, E 4+, M, G5S+
- Jio:- Jio keypad phone, Jio lyf phone
- Nokia:- 215, 225, Asha, C5, 150, 105, 130, C2
- Intex:- Intex aqua, aqua Y2, Aqua star2, Aqua power plus
- Lenovo:- Z2+, Vibe K5, A6600, A1000, A2010, K5, Vibe
So, guys, this is how you can block a number on your android smartphone. If you are facing any problem with the above methods, then feel free to comment down below. We will be happy to help you. Don’t forget to share the article and have a beautiful day.