If you are Chrome user and face err_connection_refused error code so guys below we have multiple solutions to fix or solve this problem. err_connection_refused error code on windows 10 or android VPN is normal. You can fix this now. Just Go through the Article and you get the solution.
So you’re browsing internet through your favorite websites, and suddenly you see an error message saying ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED with a sad little face in your chrome browser. Now you’re wondering what is this ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error code in Windows 10 and why am I seeing this? Perhaps the chances are that your internet connection is working correctly, but there is some issue which is resulting in the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error page. So let’s learn about this issue and solve it together.
- 1 Fixing ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error Code in Windows 10
Fixing ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error Code in Windows 10
There are numerous ways to fix this issue which we are going to discuss below.
1. By using Command Prompt
Command Prompt helps us to fix many problems. Let them be network related, hardware related or any problem in general – they can be fixed by using certain commands on command prompt. Now if you don’t know how to use command prompt then don’t worry as we will guide you through the process. Just follow the given steps carefully.
1. Click on start and search for CMD. Right-click on Command prompt and run it as administer mode. You can take the reference from the screenshot given below.
2. So as we told you earlier that command prompt can solve your problem through commands. Now to fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED you have to copy the commands given below and paste them in command prompt window and hit enter.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
By this command your DNS will be flushed, new IP will be assigned to your device. If you still see the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error page, then you can try restarting your PC to see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, then we have ore solutions, don’t worry.
2. By Clearing Google Chrome Cache
Sometimes there is local cache which tries to mess with websites, and the result you see is the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED page. Now, this can be fixed by cleaning the chrome cache. If you don’t know how to clear the cache, then follow these steps below.
1. Open Google Chrome and type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and press enter.
2. Now choose All time option and tick those checkboxes corresponding to caches images and cookies. Then simply click on clear browsing data and wait for chrome to flush the cache data into Trash.
3. Uninstall Google Chrome Browser
Sometimes the easiest way to do something is to turn it off and on. The same goes for Google Chrome, but you have to uninstall and reinstall it for the same. You can easily uninstall Chrome by following steps.
1. Go to uninstall a program tab available on My computer top panel.
2. Find Google chrome and right click on it to choose uninstall option.
3. Now delete all the folders inside this directory.
4. Download and install the latest version of Chrome and restart your PC.
4. By Changing Proxy Server Settings
Sometimes the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Page shows up because of the invalid or failed proxy tunnel. You can fix it via resetting or changing the proxy settings on your computer.
1. Open Chrome and go to settings. You can do so from the dotted icon which is available in the top right corner. If you don’t wanna do that, then you can also go to this address below to access Chrome settings page directly.
2. Now scroll down until you find the option for proxy settings. If you don’t find it then simply search for Proxy in the search bar available in the settings window.
3. Now a new window will pop up with several options. You have to select Connections Tab and then choose LAN Settings.
4. You will see another page with an option to update proxy. If you have a custom proxy with you, then choose Use a proxy server for your LAN. If you don’t then simply select Automatically detect settings.
5. By Turning Off Your Firewall Or Antivirus
Some of us have installed an antivirus to keep their pc protected from unwanted virus and malware which is a good step in keeping their pc protected. However, some of the antiviruses mess with the internet and doesn’t allow certain websites to load which further results in the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error page. All you have to do is disable your antivirus firewall and disable the option for online security or web protection if the option exists in your antivirus dashboard.
6. By Cleaning Adware and Malware
There are certain malicious malware scripts which don’t allow or drastically defuses your internet connection. In this situation, some web site will load while some of them will show the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED page. however, this can be easily fixed by running a malware scan through your PC to delete those malicious malware and adware scripts.
From Editor’s Desk
So, guys, these were some methods to fix the annoying ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED page in your windows 10 chrome browser. We hope that this tutorial helped you. If it did then don’t forget to share it with your friends as it might help them too.