How to end the xboxstat.exe task: Do you feel that your PC is running slow? There might be a lot of reason why it is slow and the most relevant is because of system resources. There are many applications such as xboxstat.exe which uses unnecessary system resources to send anonymous usage tactics to the Microsoft. The good news is that you can disable it completely.
Whenever there is a process which utilizes a lot of CPU system resources, it overloads the ROM. In general, everybody recommends you to buy a Laptop with at least 4GB of RAM. That is because this RAM is going to be consumed by many hidden services like Xboxstat.exe which constantly run in the background and will et up your system resources.
Fix High CPU Usage by xboxstat.exe in windows
As many users are affected by this issue because there is no direct way to uninstall this service to disable it. To disable xboxstat.exe on your PC you need to kill that task altogether. This is because xboxstat.exe consumes a lost of system resources making it slow for no appropriate reason.
Related – WSAPPX Causing High CPU Load
What is xboxstat.exe?
Xboxstst.exe is a client for Xbox 360 controller. it is responsible to collect statics and anonymous data from the system and sends it to Microsoft servers. By default, xboxstat.exe runs at the boot time and you cant disable it directly from the settings. Also, this eats hell lot of CPU resources and RAM.
How to end the xboxstat.exe task
There’s only one way to end this task and that is trough process manager or task manager. You can also do it via Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories extension. We will talk about this in detail:
For Windows 7 or Earlier
1. Press the Windows Key + R, type “msconfig” in the search box and click OK.
2. Click on the Startup tab and scroll through the list till you find Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories with the command column having C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\Xboxstat.exe
3. Uncheck the box and click OK. After that, Click on the startup tab.
4. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories, then uncheck its box
5. Click OK and then click on the Restart Now. After reboot, you won’t see xboxstat.exe loaded again.
For Windows 8 and 8.1
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
2. Click on “Startup tab” and scroll until you find Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories.
3. Select the entry and click Disable at the bottom of the Task Manager window.
4. Close the Task Manager and restart your PC. After you reboot, you won’t see xboxstat.exe loaded again.
For Windows 10 and above
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Security options window.
2. Select and open Task manager.
3. In the Startup tab, scroll and locate Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories.
4. Click on Disable at the bottom of the Task Manager window. And then restart your PC.
So, guys, this is how you can disable xboxstat.exe process in your laptop or PC. If you find this article helpful then do share this article with your friends. If you have any problem implementing the steps then feel free to ask in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you out. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.