Fix iPhone Error 1671: Many people use iPhone nowadays. Keeping an iPhone and updating is a super easy task with iTunes. However, sometimes you don’t get what you expected. Sometimes iTunes fails to update your phone and returns with a 1671 error code. Now, what is iPhone error 1671 and how you can fix it? We all have that question and we are going to answer it today.
So iPod and iPhone users usually find this 1671 error quite frequently when updating their iPhone with iTunes. This is still unknown to iPhone and iPod users. However, according to us, there are several reasons responsible for iPhone error 1671. For, eg. this can occur when the operating system is not the latest version. Or your iPhone is facing storage issues.
iPhone Error 1671 | How to Fix it?
So if you’re facing the same issue with iTunes then don’t worry. We are giving some methods to fix iPhone error 1671. Just follow the methods given below, and you will be good to go. However, there are few precaution steps which you need to take before proceeding with these methods.
Some Important Things to do Before Resolving the Issue
Make sure to go through this list before proceeding with the methods to fix iPhone error 1671.
- Ensure that your iPhone & iPod is with correct time, date and time zone.
- Make sure to update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Always update your iPhone or iPod with an administrative account. Do not use a guest account while doing these stuff.
- Update your Mac OS to OS x and Windows to Latest version of Windows 10.
Perform a Reset Before doing anything for iPhone Error 1671
Press and hold the home button and power button at the same time. Wait until the Apple logo appears.
Ignore the “Slider to power off” button if it appears up.
That’s all; it might work for you. However, if this doesn’t help you then don’t worry. There are other quick fixes to iPhone error 1671.
Fix the iPhone error 1671 using your Windows PC
You can fix iPhone error 1671 issue if you’re using a Windows PC. Make sure that you’re running the latest build of Windows 10. Also, update your iTunes version to the latest via auto-update option. If everything is ready, then you can proceed with the steps below.
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC via the lightning cable. Disable any kind of antivirus or custom firewall software running in the background.
2. Now go to “My Computer” and open C drive.
3. Go to “host” files folder. You will find this folder in Windows>System 32>drivers>etc.
4. Remember this location as you have placed the files back to this position once your iPhone is restored.
5. Open iTunes on your PC and proceed with the restore procedure.
6. Once you’re done with the restore, put all the files back in the host folder.
Fix the iTunes Error 1671 using your Mac
If you don’t have a windows PC but a Mac instead then don’t worry. In this section, we will tell you how to fix iPhone error 1671 using Mac OS. Before proceeding with the steps, make sure that you’re on the latest version of Mac OS. i.e. Mac OS Sierrah.
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac via a lightning cable. Disable or kill all the antivirus apps. Also, disable any firewall apps if applicable.
2. Now go to Finder window and select the “Go” option there.
Then select the “Go to folder” option.
3. Type the following code is given below and press “Go.”
4. After that, a new window will open up with all the host files.
5. Hold and drag those host files to the desktop.
4. Moreover, make sure to remember the location of these files. This is because you need to restore the files back to this position later.
5. After then, open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your Mac. Restore your iPhone. Once it is done, put all the host files back to its original location.
That’s it, guys! These were the two methods by which you can fix iPhone error 1671. I hope this article will help you to fix this issue. If you have any friend who is struggling because of this issue, then share this article with them. Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day!