If your android device running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow so you definitely face the “Screen Overlay Detected” issue cause they need some special permission on Marshmallow for security purposes. There are many apps that show that the same issue of Screen Overlay detected.
Now that time android does not release an update regarding this bug but maybe soon they will wrap it up. Most of the users face this issue with Facebook messenger apps but there are much more apps that show the same error. There are a couple of ways to get rid of this issue forever. So we can demonstrate both of the ways.
on some of the devices like one plus 3 and other. they won’t be able to enable the app to cause the option does not work there. So guys we also have the solution to this problem that helps you in an efficient way. You just need to follow these steps and after that, if this first method does not work with your device so try another method to cover up and ger rid of this android issue.
Steps to Fix “ Screen Overlay Detected ” Error in Apps on Android :
- Just go to Settings >> Apps >> Tap Top Setting icon and you see some options regarding those apps.
- From that option just follow Special Access >> “Draw over other apps” and you will see the next screen.
- On this screen, you can see all those apps that require a Draw over other apps so if some of the apps are disabled. Just enable those apps.
- If apps are already enabled and show Screen Overlay detected then disable and enable it again. you can see in images.
- When you are on the apps page, just choose any app that shows you that issue and tap on it.
- On the next screen, just enable “Permit drawing over other apps“.
NOTE: If apps are already enabled for “Permit drawing over other apps“ and still show that screen overlay error. So just disable and enable it back to fix this issue.
Currently, Many of devices like Samsung S5, S6, S7 Edge, Samsung J7, One Plus 3, Micromax, LG G5, Moto g4 plus who running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and other popular devices show the same issue. Most of the apps like Facebook messenger, Paytm, Cheetah Mobile’s CleanMaster issued that error. But you can use this method to get rid of Screen Overlay Detected Issue.
The alternative to Fix “ Screen Overlay Detected ” :
According to research, we find out that many users have an android device on which the “Permit drawing over other apps“ that is permanent disabled and you can’t enable it. So guys we also have the solution to this problem. You just need to see the below image and you know how to do it. On the above screen, you see that info icon.
From Editor’s Desk :
Guys, You can easily solve the android issue with this tutorial. Simple you need to locate the settings and follow up the simple steps and enable that app to “Permit drawing over other apps“ and then just reboot your android device. After that reboot, you can’t see any screen overlay issue with that app. If you have any kind of query related to this article. So please let us know in the comment section. We can reply you back as soon as possible.