Are you looking for some ways to change the folder icon to awesome images in os x? Are you finding an easy solution for adding custom icons to your folder icon in os x? Then, my dear friend your internet place because today I Am going to talk about the methods to change the folder icon to custom images in OS X. I Have divided the article Two main sections for your Convenience. let’s have a look at the sections in details to know more about changing Folder Icon to awesome images in OS X.
Steps to Change Folder Icon To Awesome Images in OS X
Here is the compilation of two methods to change Folder Icon to awesome images in os x. just simply follow the method that you want. I have given a step by step complete tutorial to make it easy for you to apply it on your os x operating system. Let’s have a look at these methods one by one.
#1 Add custom Image to icon | Use Any Image as Icon
In this Method, You can select any image of your choice and make it a custom icon for your folder. Let’s have a look at the steps how you can change To the Folder Icon.
- Open the image In preview and choose the edit option
- Select all and then again Choose edit, then select copy.
- now, at the top of the info window simply select properties/picture of an icon and then select paste.
- Boom! Your Icon is applied successfully.
#2 Use Pre-Existing Icon From File or Folder | Change Folder Icon in OSX
But, if you want to use the Pre-existing icon from any other file or folder then you can do that also just for the following steps again and you will be finding yourself a place where you can trust me completely with your operating system. let’s have a look at the steps.
- Look for the file or folder that has the image, then choose File
- Select Get Info and Right click on the icon at the top of the Info Window
- Choose Edit option and then copy it.
- Now, Select the file or folder whose icon you want to change
- Similarly, Select File and, then Get Info
- Choose the icon at the top of the Info Window
- And, then Select Edit and then Paste the copied icon.
- BOOM! You are ready to go.
From the Editor’s Desk
That is all from my side, these tricks to add a custom icon to your folder icon were helpful to you. and how did you like the layout of the article about the separation of the two different methods.
if you have any doubt or any suggestion for me to include in the article please leave a comment below. and I will try to add those changes as per your comments. thanks for your time and Faith. I will see you with another great technical review or solution for your problem in the next article.