iPhone 6 Touch Screen Not Working: There is nothing more irritating when your iPhone 6 touch screen not working. We use our smartphone every day, and when it gets an unresponsive screen issue, things get worse. Sometimes this also results in random numbers calling. Sometimes your device stops responding to your finger touches. If this has also happened to you, then don’t worry. Today, we will be talking about how to fix iPhone 6 touch screen not working issue.
Sometimes you’re doing your work or playing games on your iPhone 6. Suddenly screen starts to behave abnormally, and you lose control over your phone functions. Has this ever happened to you? This happens with a lot of iPhone users, especially the users who go for unauthorized iPhone screen replacements. Thankfully, this issue can be fixed with few methods. So today we are going to discuss some method by which you can fix this screen issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix iPhone 6 Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Today we are going to discuss some methods by which you can fix this issue very easily. However, before going further on that, let us see some of the symptoms of this issue.
Symptoms of iPhone Screen Unresponsive issue.
- You click somewhere, and the click happens in some other area of the screen.
- You’re not able to click on some parts of the screen.
- You cannot dial numbers correctly and cant type correctly on the keyboard.
- Ghost clicks on your phone while you’re operating it.
4 Ways to Fix iPhone 6 Touch Screen Not Working Issue
So today in this article we are going to talk about four different methods by which you can fix the iPhone 6 touch screen not working issue. So are you ready? Let’s start, shall we?
Force Restart Your iPhone
If its the first time you are facing this unresponsive screen issue. Then a simple force restart will fix this issue. These kind of simple errors are general in many smartphones and can be fixed by a simple restart. So follow the steps down below to force restart your iPhone 6.
- Press and hold “Power” and “Volume down” button simultaneously. Keep holding it until Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Once you see the Apple logo, simple relays all the buttons.
- Let your phone restart automatically.
- After a complete restart, your iPhone 6 will work like it should.
- If it still doesn’t solve the issue, you can perform a full setting reset option. For that, you have to navigate to Settings> General> Reset> and then reset all settings.
- Now let your phone restart itself. After that, it will work correctly.
Reset Your iPhone
If your iPhone screen is still unresponsive then simply perform a hard reset. You can do so by the steps given below. However, you take a complete backup via iTunes before performing this step. This is because your iPhone will go in factory mode condition. This means all the data will be deleted on your iPhone 6.
- First of all, you need to go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
- After login into the iCloud services, go to “Find iPhone” option.
- Then click on all devices and select your iPhone.
- Now tap on Erase iPhone option. This will delete all your data including photos, music, videos, text messages, etc.
- Once the reset process is complete, connect your iPhone 6 to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device from the upper corner of the task panel.
- Click on restore iPhone from the options and confirm.
Free Up Some iOS Storage
Sometimes this unresponsive screen is due to the zero storage issue. When your storage is a bare minimum, then your iPhone starts to behave abnormally. So to fix this iPhone 6 screen not working issue, you need to free up some space from your iPhone 6.
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the last until you find a general option. If you don’t find it, then you can also use the search option on the settings page.
- In general, option, choose storage and then select storage option.
- Now you will see a bar graph sort of thing, Here you can see the used as well as unused storage.
- If it shows you that there isn’t any much storage left, then you should delete few apps and photos from your gallery.
Is Your iPhone 6 Touch Screen Still Not Working?
If all the above three options aren’t working for you, then there might be some hardware issue. In this scenario, you should go to Apple care or your local smartphone repair shop. If you are facing any issues with the methods above, then comment down below. Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day.