Hey there my friend, today we are talking about the common error fro windows pc users named the active directory domain services is currently unavailable. This happens when you try to print a document, but it fails. As a result, you see a popup message saying The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable fixed.
After this message, you probably think what the cause of this error and how can I make the active directory domain services available? Well, don’t worry, that’s exactly why we are here. Today in this article, we are going to tell you how to fix this issue so that you can print your documents without any technical problems.
What does it mean when the active directory domain services are unavailable?
The error The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable occurs because there is some problem with the printer connection or the drivers which are installed for the printer are outdated. Sometimes this error can be fixed by simply updating the driver via command prompt. However, updating driver won’t help you in all the cases. Sometimes it means that you don’t have permissions to use the printer in Microsoft word office. Or it doesn’t allow listing printer in Microsoft office. The case can be any of these but don’t worry we will help you to deal with this error. Just keep following this article.
How to Fix the active directory domain services is currently Unavailable
We are going to tell you some steps to fix this issue but before that make sure to take a full backup of your important data. We do not take responsibility for any exploded computer or your important research paper being deleted because of these methods. So without further delay, let us start with some quick solutions to the active directory domain services is currently unavailable error message solved.
Method 1: Change Printer Spooler settings
In this method, we are going to fix the printer spooler settings. Please make sure to follow all these steps carefully as any wrong step might cause your printer malfunctions.
1. Click on Start button and choose Run. You can also use the key combination of windows key + R if you don’t find that option in windows start menu. After opening the Run window, simply search for services.msc and hit the enter key to get into services window.
2. From the services window, right click on Printer spooler and hit the start button.
3. Printer spooler window will start. After that, you need to choose the startup type to Automatic settings. Later click on Ok button to save these settings.
4. Now close all the windows and check if this worked for you by printing a sample document.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor
You can also fix the active directory domain services is currently unavailable issue via messing with registry files. If you haven’t done this before, then follow this quick guide to understand better.
1. Open Windows run via pressing Windows + R key. Search for regedit and press enter key.
2. A user account prompt windows will appear. Simply click on Yes. If it doesn’t, then don’t worry.
3. On the registry window, Head on to this path given below.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion
4. Now right click on Devices option which is situated under the Current version dialog box. After that check its Permission via clicking on permissions option.
5. Select your account and check on Allow full control option. Hit on Apply button then Ok button.
6. If you’re done with the above steps, then you have to do the same with Printer ports and windows option. Simply follow the instructions given in step 5.
7. After applying the settings, you can close the registry editor. Now check if these settings worked for you or not. You can check so by printing a sample document via your printer and see if any error popup appears or not.
Related Queries :
- he active directory domain services is currently unavailable remote shutdown
- the active directory domain services is currently unavailable windows 7
- how to fix active directory domain services is currently unavailable
- the active directory domain services is currently unavailable word
- How can I make the active directory domain services available?
- What does it mean when the active directory domain services are unavailable?
- the active directory domain services is currently unavailable cmd shutdown
- the active directory domain services is currently unavailable windows 7 fix
From Editor’s desk
So, guys, this is how you can how to fix active directory domain services is currently unavailable. We hope that this was not a complicated process. We recommend you to take a backup of your important document before you mess up with registry details in method 2. If you think this article helped you in any way, then don’t hesitate to share it with your friends.