How to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9: iOS 10 launched in September and with excitement and the hype almost everyone would have updated to try it out Or maybe you bought an iPhone 7, which naturally has ios 10 installed by default. But what if you regret installing iOS 10 or just don’t like using it. Let’s be honest now, Jailbreak as of now is only available for ios 9 onwards so who would not want to go back to it.
Right now you’re probably wondering how to delete iOS 10 and go back to the comforting embrace of iOS 9. There may be security improvements and many new features in ios 10 but hey its still not the perfect version to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 of which iOS 9.3.5 is the perfect no glitch software and best of all, You can still jailbreak it !
There’s a lot to like about iOS 10, but unfortunately many people are encountering iOS 10 problems, which can be incredibly annoying if you rely on your iPhone daily. If iOS 10 is not your cup of tea then just solve the issue by downgrading from iOS 10 back to iOS 9 you will get your iPhone back to a working condition, and you can then wait a few weeks until Apple fixes all of the current iOS 10 problems. So enough of explanation now let’s get started on How to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9.
Note: Before you downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 : Whenever we install or update or downgrade any iOS software, you should be careful to back up all your data and settings before installing the new software. Now do follow the steps carefully. Backup using the computer and not the cloud.
- Plug in your iPhone/iPad
- Start up iTunes on your Mac.
- Click on the phone Summary
- Click Back Up Now.
- Wait for the backup to finish. – Easy !
Steps to Uninstall / Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 :
1. Backup – Because it will wipe all your current data, apps and etc. So back up !
2. Download a .ipsw file for the previous version of iOS. – .ipsw is the file format of the iOS. It is available very easily available, Just search for “Get .ipsw file” and you will see the result on top (tested) The site will ask you to mention your device and show you all the available .ipsaw files for that device.
3. Open the .Ipsw file – So yea, If you are able to get a signed ios 9 .ipsw then Open it. (As of now Apple is signing the application’s if there is any further update than ios 10 then they may not sign the previous iOS no more)
4. iTunes shall now re install the previous version of ios 9.3.5
- If iTunes says you’re already running the latest version of iOS on your device, you may need to use Recovery mode.
- For Recovery Mode : Shut down the device >> plug phone to your Pc >> Hold down the Home button on the iPhone/iPad while you connect the cable to it. When the “Connect the phone to iTunes” window appears, release the Home button.
- iTunes will inform that the device is in Recovery mode. Hold down the Option key (Alt) > click Restore > Select the iOS 9.3.5 ipsw file, and install it on your device.
Now this will work if your lucky enough to read the article in time, depending on when apple has stopped signing the apps ! But this process is applicable for future. if you want to downgrade any future version to the previous version you can !
From Editor’s Desk :
So that’s how you downgrade iOS 10 and go back to iOS 9. This is pretty straight forward but many feel scared to do because it’s basically to do with the whole firmware of your phone. So not to worry ! Let us know in the comments your thoughts about this.