Alongside the new features and refreshed UI, Windows 11 has also brought several new keyboard shortcuts that can greatly help improve the efficiency of your workflow. We’ll be discussing the current keyboard shortcuts and learning about the new ones in Microsoft’s latest OS. Some keyboard shortcuts are well-known to Windows long-term users. Others may be less so. These keyboard shortcuts are essential for Windows 11.
Table of Contents
Best Keyboard Shortcuts to Use in Windows 11
We’ll start with the keyboard shortcuts for Windows 11 before moving on to the more advanced ones. While some shortcuts were introduced in Windows 10, most of the rest have been around for years. No matter how old or new they may be, there is one thing that all keyboard shortcuts have in common: they will improve your Windows 11 workflow. Let’s get to work.
Windows 11 now has some new keyboard shortcuts. Microsoft has introduced keyboard shortcuts that allow users to access widgets pane and quick settings as well as notification center and snaps layout. Below are the new Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts.
- Win + W = Opens up widget pane in Windows 11.
- Win + A = This shortcut opens up quick settings in Windows 11.
- Win + N = You will be able to access the notification center in Windows 11 by using this shortcut.
- Win + Z = This shortcut opens up snap layouts flyout.
Windows 11 Keyboard Shortcuts That Works In Windows 10
Given below are Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts that are not new, so you will be able to use them on Windows 10 as well-
- Win = Opens up the start menu.
- Win + A = This shortcut opens up action center.
- Win + C = This will launch Cortana.
- Win + D = This shortcut minimizes all the windows and will show the desktop.
- Win + E = It opens up File Explorer.
- Win + G = This shortcut will open Game Bar.
- Win + H = This shortcut opens up a voice-type launcher.
- Win + I = This shortcut opens up Windows Settings.
- Win + K = This opens up connect quick action
- Win + L = This shortcut locks your PC.
- Win + M = It minimizes all visible windows.
- Win + R = Open Run dialog box.
- Win + S= It open Search bar.
- Win + U= Opens Ease of Access Center.
- Win + X= Open Quick Link menu (same as right-clicking on Start icon)
- Win + Number = These shortcuts open the app pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number.
- Win + ← arrow key = This shortcut snaps app windows left.
- Win + → arrow key = This shortcut snaps app windows right.
- Win + ↑ arrow key =This shortcut will maximize app windows.
- Win + ↓ arrow key = This shortcut will minimize app windows.
- Win + , = This shortcut can be used to peek at the desktop / Release to back.
- Win + Ctrl +D = It adds a virtual desktop screen.
- Win + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow = You can use this shortcut to switch between virtual desktops.
- Win + Ctrl + F4 = You can use this shortcut to Close current virtual desktop.
- Win + Enter = This shortcut opens up narrator.
- Win + Home = This shortcut minimizes all but the active desktop window (restores all windows on the second stroke).
- Win+ PrtScn= This shortcut can be used to capture a screenshot.
- Win + Shift + Up arrow = It stretches the desktop window to the top and bottom of the screen.
- Wind + Tab = This shortcut open task view / toggle opened apps
- Win + “+” key (2 times) =Can be used to zoom in using the magnifier.
- Win + “-” key = This can be used to zoom out using the magnifier.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc = This shortcut opens up Task Manager.
- Alt + Tab = You can switch between open apps with this shortcut.
- Alt + Left arrow key = Use this shortcut to go back.
- Alt + Right arrow key = Use this shortcut to go forward.
- Alt + Page Up = This shortcut move up one screen.
- Alt + Page down = This shortcut moves down one screen.
- Ctrl + Alt +Tab = This shortcut view open apps
- Ctrl + C = This shortcut copy selected items to clipboard.
- Ctrl + X = This shortcut can be used to cut selected items.
- Ctrl + V = This shortcut can be used to paste content from the clipboard.
- Ctrl + A = You can select all content.
- Ctrl + Z = Use this shortcut to undo an action.
- Ctrl + Y = You can use this shortcut to redo an action.
- Ctrl + D = This deletes the selected item and moves it to the Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl + Esc = This opens up the Start Menu.
- Ctrl + Shift = It helps switch between the keyboard layout.
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc = You can use this shortcut to open Task Manager.
- Ctrl + F4 = This close the active window.
- Alt + F4 = This closes the active program.