The best and most effective method for the treatment of Acid Reflux is by taking Apple Cider Vinegar.
Are you experiencing heaviness in the chest, Heartburn, or an ever-consuming sensation in the stomach, mainly after taking food? Then it is true that you are suffering from indigestion.
Acid Reflux – Explained
The commonly known Heartburn (or corrosive acid reflux) is caused because the corrosive returning of the contents of the stomach substance returns to the throat. This happens because of improper closure of the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). This might cause excruciating pain, which is indeed a medical condition. It leads to indigestion, stomach torment, harsh taste, swelling, and discomfort in the digestive tract.
In this case, there are many drugs sold over the counter. We need to be aware that a few of these medicines may cause side effects.
This kind of acid reflux occurs when the stomach acid is corrosive and irritates the oesophageal flap. In such cases, instead of relying on the medicines, you can try apple cider vinegar for acid reflux treatment in a proper manner.
By reading this article, you will become aware that taking apple cider vinegar for acid reflux is the correct remedy.
Is apple cider vinegar really effective in treating Heartburn?
We are well aware that apple cider vinegar is made out of squashed apples in which the microorganisms and yeast are added to the apple juice and set aside till a dark caramel color appears. It’s a well-known fact that the natural unfiltered apple cider vinegar is proof of treating different hair and skin ailments. It is also known to treat Heartburn as it consists of catalysts, gelatin, and proteins.
When the stomach acid is not sufficient to digest the food properly, then apple cider vinegar will build the corrosive materials that act upon the food and help dispose of the Heartburn of the GERD symptoms.
Most of the experts have come to know that apple cider vinegar helps in digestion and is proven successful in treating acid reflux.
How does it work? – ‘Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux’
- Apple cider vinegar doesn’t allow the climbing up of the corrosive stomach contents into the throat. This is achieved by maintaining the pH balance in the stomach.
- The acid present in the apple cider vinegar helps the food particles to separate easily in the throat. This helps in easy digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in supplements like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, which help in mineral intake. Consequently, the food is digested properly.
- The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar also battles against the harmful microorganisms that are the major cause of indigestion.
- It helps the body get all important nutrients and some essential minerals to maintain balance in the body.
Instructions on how to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux
There are many different ways to utilize apple cider vinegar for acid reflux. The list is vast, but let’s examine which is the best.
1. Taking Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
This is a very simple and easy method of taking apple cider vinegar. For this, you need to
- Blend 1 teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water.
- Drink this solution before eating.
- Add some honey to this before drinking.
- Note that you can add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water.
- Similarly, you can even add apple cider vinegar for acid reflux treatment by just adding it to juices, salads, or smoothies.
Do not drink undiluted ACV directly as it aggravates the throat and harms the tooth enamel.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
As honey and apple cider vinegar are rich in potassium, they help to neutralize stomach acid. Honey helps to soothe the aggravated throat.
- Firstly mix 2 tbsps. Natural apple cider vinegar and crude honey.
- Directly consume this mixture to calm down the GERD symptoms.
3. Add Baking soda to Apple Cider Vinegar
Baking soda is an acid neutralizer that calms down the corrosive acids of the stomach. Baking soda also assists in killing the acidity of the apple cider vinegar and avoids disintegration of the tooth enamel.
- To make this, mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 250 mg of water (8 ounces).
- Blend properly and drink on an empty stomach.
- Drink this two times a day for complete relief from this issue.
- You can mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 to 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar and mix till the air bubbles settle down, and then consume it. Repeat it now and then to get relief.
Possible Side Effects of taking Apple cider vinegar for acid reflux:
It is safe to consume Apple cider vinegar for acid reflux relief, but there are some possible side effects.
- As apple cider vinegar is acidic, it may harm the enamel of the teeth and disintegration of tooth lacquer. So it’s better to have it with a straw and rinse your mouth after drinking.
- It may react with other medications. Apple cider vinegar can intervene with some drugs. like diuretics, coronary illness meds, diabetes drugs, purgatives, and so on
- People who already have stomach ulcers need to avoid apple cider vinegar, which will aggravate the ulcers.
- It causes blood-thinning or diminishes the blood. Therefore, it’s better to take it after taking advice from the doctor.
Tips and Precautions:
- It is always better to consume apple cider vinegar in its pure form, which is loaded with minerals and has several supplements.
- Do not drink refreshments that contain active contents if you are experiencing indigestion.
- Do not eat more than three times a day. It’s better to consume 6 smaller meals rather than 3 huge meals for easy digestion.
- Take proper advice from the doctor for proper analysis of the condition and follow the proper treatment method.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol to prevent GERD or acid reflux.
- Avoid eating fatty or oily food as they are difficult to digest. Avoid foods that aggravate acid reflux.
- Try out some stomach relieving agents which calm down the acidity. Especially, H – 2 receptor blockers: famotidine blocks the receptors in the stomach and prevents acidity. Also, the intake of proton siphon inhibitors: omeprazole to diminish the development of the acidic nature.
- Do not go to sleep directly after you eat, as there are chances for the stomach contents to come back to the throat and cause indigestion.
Hence, it is confirmed that natural apple cider vinegar is one of the simplest and cheapest methods of controlling acid reflux and is also rich in nutrients and minerals. Apple cider vinegar for acid reflux is the best home remedy for GERD or heartburn treatment.